Dec 29, 2008

Subliminal Message





Cinnamon roll, a coffee's best friend.

I got my morning coffee as I usually do and before I exited the Jack in the Box establishment I read that statement; "Cinnamon roll, a coffee's best friend," and I'll be damned if its not true! I went back there got my coffee a best friend and then skedaddled to work. While I sat on my usual chair and I turned on my computer, I dwelled in the darkness of the office, sipping my coffee before the boss and patients arrive and that statement on the cup holder just made me laugh at the hilarity of it all. I didn't need Cinnamon rolls, I know I called it "my morning coffee as usual'' but by that I meant the jolt of caffeine I get whenever my stomach isn't in knots as it usually is in the morning. But at that moment, I just had to get my coffee its best friend and hell, I enjoyed eating his best friend.

That whole thing got me thinking of advertisement and its efficacy. I think advertisement works to a certain extent. For example, I think of myself as a semi-slut when it comes to cell phones. Everyday, I think of cheating on my good ol' Rumor from Sprint. I see the iphone and the blackberry and Verizon's new touch screen cell. But would I ever actually two-time my faithful rumor? No. And not because I don't want to, but because I don't have the money to actually do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment