Dec 26, 2008

Come here puppy puppy!



It's 1:32 am and I don't know why I insist on stating what time it is on my blogs but I do. Anyhoo, I went to the movies today and saw "Marley and me," among others. I have a dog, his name is Oreo. That's him right there, in the photo above, as if you needed clarification. If you are wondering why I would humiliate him so by naming him after a cookie, let me tell you there is a perfectly good explanation for that. You see, although now he's gray, when he was born the little shitzu was all black and had a patch of white hair in the middle of the chest, causing me to compare him to an Oreo cookie. After much deliberation, my sister and I decided that would be his name, thus triggering what I think should be a new disease: "post-naming depression." I think Ashlee Simpson's baby, Bronx Mowgli Wentz or BMW baby as I call it, will suffer from it. Oreo is still can't get over the fact that he was named after a Nabisco product.

Anyway, as I was watching Jennifer Aniston pretending to look tired and exhausted after taking care of the kids while looking stunning and perfectly tanned, I got thinking about Oreo. Aside from my family, there probably isn't another being I love and trust as much as I love and trust Oreo. Yes, he takes a lot of my time and money, and I have to pick up his feces, and he sometimes looks at me with murdering eyes when I deliberately degrade him by making him wear cute little outfits. However, there is nothing better than coming home to that little ball of hair. . . well, I could come home to Anderson Cooper. . . but that's besides the point.

He's my little partner in crime. We both raid the fridge for a midnight snack, or sometimes 3am snack, together. When he would poop on my mother's carpet, I would clean it up before she noticed. And when is cold at night, he cuddles at my feet to keep them warm. I'm beginning to think he might be doing that to keep himself warm, but I refuse to fully accept the idea. I don't share my food with people, especially when there isn't a lot of it, because I like food too much. But there's no way I could eat anything with Oreo by my side without sharing with him, even bottled water.

Bottom line, I love my dog. I truly, really love him, and to celebrate that love here are some of my favorite dog quotes. Toodles!

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's. ~Mark Twain, letter to W.D. Howells, 2 April 1899

A dog can express more with his tail in seconds than his owner can express with his tongue in hours. ~Author Unknown

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.” ~Unknown

“If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..” ~Mark Twain

“Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.” ~Sigmund Freud

"One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why." ~Unknown

“If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..” ~Mark Twain





“To err is human, to forgive canine.”Unknown


A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such. ~John Holmes


When a dog barks at the moon, then it is religion; but when he barks at strangers, it is patriotism! ~David Starr Jordan

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment